2014 Highlights…and We’re off on Blogcation!
Season’s Greetings Readers!
As the end of December approaches, so does the end 2014. We would like to thank YOU, for joining us and coming along for the ride over this past year. You…sharing our posts, posting comments, and interacting with us on social media…THAT is what keeps us going!
This past year has been another amazing one for World Moms Blog (WMB). As we touch on some highlights from 2014, you will see that these world moms get around!
- January: We kicked off the year continuing our support for the #Moms4MDGs campaign with twitter parties.
- February: We partnered with Multicultural Kids Blog and Girls’ Globe to support CleanBirth.org.
- March: One of our senior editors, Purnima Ramakrishnan, traveled to Brazil as an International Reporting Project Fellow, and some of our contributors participated in the #BelowTheLine Challenge.
- April: We participated in Disney Social Media Moms Conference in Anaheim.
- May: We tried to help raise awareness about the Nigerian girls who were kidnapped. #BringBackOurGirls
- June: WMB Editors headed to Ethiopia to report on newborn health, and a WMB contributor, Cindy Levin, attended the 2014 RESULTS International Conference and got to meet World Bank President Dr. Jim Yong Kim.
- August: We participated in Shot@Life’s #Blogust to help donate vaccines to children in need.
- September: Three WMBers (Jennifer Burden, Nicole Melancon and Nicole Morgan) attended the Social Good Summit in New York City as United Nations Foundation Social Good Fellows.
- October: We celebrated International Day of the Girl on our Facebook page with pictures of our daughters and our hopes for their future. WMB also attended the One Campaign’s AYA Summit in Washington, DC.
- November: WMB got invited to the White House!
- December: WMB attended the Shot@Life roundtable event at the United Nations and the White House Travel Blogger Summit.
After all that, we are getting ready to take a blogcation break to spend time with family, friends, and re-energize for 2015. We hope that you will get the chance to do the same. And if you find yourself looking for something to read, come on by and catch up on posts you may have missed in 2014!
Wishing you all a joyful end of the year. Come back on Monday, January 5th to help us kick off 2015.
World Moms Blog